3t hydraulic disc braked axle kit utilises a 50mm square galvanised to form the basis of boat trailer setup.
The 50mm square hydraulic braked axle kit is a robust choice, and when you use it in tandem, extend the rating 4.5t.
Note: Rate 6t axles to 4.5t provides a more robust rig.
The axle kit consists of the following:
- Galvanised 50mm Square Axle.
- Hydraulic caliper brake (2).
- Anchor plates welded to the axle.
- 5 or 6 studs with the 12-inch disc rotor (2).
- 3 tonne Japanese bearing kits with bearing seal and dust cap (2).
- Bearing Collars (2).
- Wheel Nuts.
- Assembled and tested.
Galvanised axle kits have almost zero chance of rusting.
Calculating the face-to-face measurement on your axle is important to know whether this would be the right fit. Here’s how you can do it:
- Measure the whole wheel offset, that distance between the inside of the hub inside the rim and outside of the rubber
- Measure the distance between the chassis and rubber or add 25 mm
- Add the chassis width by multiplying the number by 2
- Weight – 120 kg.
- Dimensions – 200 x 30 x 30 cm.
Visit our website for other types of marine braked axle kits like 45 mm square mechanical override disc brake axle kit, hydraulic disc brake axle kit – 45mm square, and even Landcruiser hydraulic disc braked axle kits. At Couplemate, we also offer U-bolt kits, tow hitch, andto name only a few.
Calculating The Correct Axle Measurements
As a result of viewing the video above, calculate the face to face measurement.
- Measure the offset wheel. The wheel offset is the distance between the inside of the hub and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose your own distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
Metric to Imperial ConverterConvert Imperial (inches) to metric (mm)
Still unsure of what measurements to take? Check out this handy guide below:
[P] – Check material specifications. What size and profile is the axle (for example, 45mm Square)
[T] – Overall axle length (tip to tip)
[F] – Hub face to hub face measurement
[A] – Chassis width
[C] – Tyre clearance
[B] – Back offset
[H] – Tyre to chassis
[G] – Axle pad centres
Identifying Bearing Combinations
You will also need to identify your bearing combination which can be done by pulling off a hub and bearings, and locating the number laser engraved onto the bearing. You will require both the inner and the outer bearing number.
3t Hydraulic Disc Braked Axle Kit
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 3t Hydraulic Disc Braked Axle and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon December 22, 2020. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.