45mm Round Galvanised Lazy Axle
45mm round galvanised lazy or unbraked axle is used on tandem trailers and has a maximum weight rating of 1450kg.
Parallel axles are perfect for launching trailers in a hardstand boatyard or as the rear axle in a 2000kg tandem axle set.
Why use a parallel axle in a tandem set?
If your rig is running 15″ or 16″ wheels, the parallel rear axle will require less maintenance than a slimline axle suit to the larger bearing setup.
Parallel setups are suitable for 15″ and 16″ wheels only. Smaller wheels use the 1450kg slimline setups.
Galvanised Unbraked Axle kit comprises:
Unbraked axles include axle nut and split pin. All shafts are made and galvanised in Australia.
Available Stud Patterns
- Ford – Slimline
- HT Holden – Slimline
- HQ Holden – Slimline
- 6 Stud Landcruiser – Slimline
- 5 Stud Landcruiser – Slimline
- 6 Stud Landcruiser Parallel
- 5 Stud Landcruiser Parallel
Review more galvanised lazy axles below
- 39mm Round Galvanised Unbraked Axle
- 45mm Square Galvanised Unbraked Axle
- 50mm Square Galvanised Unbraked Axle
- 60mm Round Galvanised Unbraked Axle
Calculating The Correct Axle Measurements
As a result of viewing the video above, calculate the face to face measurement.
- Measure the offset wheel. The wheel offset is the distance between the inside of the hub and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose your own distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
Metric to Imperial ConverterConvert Imperial (inches) to metric (mm)
Still unsure of what measurements to take? Check out this handy guide below:
[P] – Check material specifications. What size and profile is the axle (for example, 45mm Square)
[T] – Overall axle length (tip to tip)
[F] – Hub face to hub face measurement
[A] – Chassis width
[C] – Tyre clearance
[B] – Back offset
[H] – Tyre to chassis
[G] – Axle pad centres
Identifying Bearing Combinations
You will also need to identify your bearing combination which can be done by pulling off a hub and bearings, and locating the number laser engraved onto the bearing. You will require both the inner and the outer bearing number.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 45mm Round Galvanised Lazy Axle and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon November 11, 2019. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.