50mm Square Axle Galvanised
50mm Square galvanised axle are hot dipped and rated up to a maximum of 2250kg.
Axle length is measured from tip to tip. Axles are supplied with nut, washer and split pin.
Use the Face to Face measurements to calculate Tip to Tip measurement:-
- S/L 150mm Lazy add 100mm
- S/L 10” Electric Drum add 103mm
- 10” Disk Rotor add 98mm
- PLL 10” Electric Drum add 122mm
- 2T 12” Electric Drum add 172mm
- 2T 205mm Lazy add 172mm
Heavy loads on light axles create axle flex. Axle flex results in axle vibration at high speeds. This vibration occurs in the middle of the axle and causes the axle to “wobble”.
Is your axle bending in the middle by more than 5mm? Do yourself a favour and put a straight edge along your axle.
Overloading on your axle causes excessive axle bend and premature aging of springs. As a result, axle flex prematurely ages the trailer spring via trailer vibration at high speeds.
How to measure rim offset
Axles selected for the desired loads, do not suffer from excessive axle bend or vibration fatigue.
Slimline Bearing Sizes – 1450kg
- LM68149 – 59.10 OD, 35.00 ID – Large Inner Bearing
- LM12749 – 45.20 OD, 22.00 ID – Small Outer Bearing
Parallel Bearing Sizes – 1600kg
2 Tonne Standard Bearing Sizes – 2250kg
- 30210 – 89.96 OD, 50.00 ID – Large Inner Bearing
- 15123/15245 – 59.10 OD, 31.75 ID – Small Outer Bearing
2 Tonne Dexter Bearing Sizes – 2250kg
Hot Dipped Galvanised Axles are used below:
- 50mm Square Hydraulic Disc Brake Axle
- 50mm Square Galvanised U Bolt Kit
- Landcruiser Disc Rotor 2t – Al-ko
- Faulty Axle Steel used on Caravan and Trailer Axles
- Easy Steps to Install a Marine Bearing Seal Correctly
- Thinking about buying a boat trailer? Read these helpful hints
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 50mm Square Galvanised Axle and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon July 9, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.