Last updated on November 1st, 2019 at 11:41 am
40mm Square Mechanical Drum braked axle assembly to suit 9″ drums. Suits 2000kg override couplings — single Axle rating 1000kg.
The rating of this axle is 1000kg as this axle uses standard holden bearings. Axle rating is controlled by bearing sizes.
9″ mechanically braked axles are very simple to install. Attached the mechanical backing plates to a weld ring, welded to the rear of the axle shoulder.
Mechanical weld rings are identical to electric weld rings. The hardest part of the entire job is to align the weld rings perfectly.
We recommend customers dry-fit the backing plates and weld ring, without grease. Once the drum is in position and locked with the axle nut, tighten the brake shoes.
Align the backing perfectly with the drum and then spot weld the ring in 4 places. Re-adjust where necessary and then finished the welding on the ring.
Purchase 9″ mechanical and hydraulic braked axles here:
- 40mm Square Mechanical Drum Brake Kit – 1000kg.
- 40mm Square Hydraulic Drum Brake Kit – 1000kg.
- 45mm Round Mechanical Drum Brake Kit – 1450kg.
- 45mm Round Hydraulic Drum Brake Kit – 1450kg.
- Square 45mm Mechanical Drum Brake Kit – 1450kg.
- Square 45mm Hydraulic Drum Brake Kit – 1450kg.
40mm Square Mechanical Drum Brake Axle assembly | 9 inch