45mm Round Mechanical Disc Brake Override Axle Kit
45mm Round Mechanical Disc Brake override axle kits ensure braking safety of your boat trailer.
The galvanised 45mm round mechanical axle is disc braked and is rated at 1450kg.
Couplemate factory assembles galvanised axles daily in our Brisbane workshops to ensure your travels are problem-free.
How do Override Brakes Work?
When a tow vehicle exerts a force on the brake, the override mechanism is activated, and the internal mechanical callipers are further activated, giving a great braking experience and ensuring safety to your vehicle.
Depending on the make of your vehicle, Couplemate offers several override axle kits..
Calculating the face to face measurement on your axle
As a result of viewing the video above, calculate the face to face measurement.
- Measure the offset wheel. Wheel offset is the distance between the inside of the hub and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose your own distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
- 45 mm round axle rated at 1450 kg
- 2 x Galvanised Calipers + Disc Pads + Mounting Bolts
- Anchor Plates Welded on Axle (2)
- Galvanised Disc Rotors, Bearings, Nuts (2)
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 45mm Round Mechanical Disc Braked Gal Axle and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon April 7, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.