45mm Round Mechanical Disc Brake override axle kits ensure the safety of your trailers that are specially designed for marine trailers that weigh anywhere between 750-2000 kg. This 45mm round mechanical disc brake override axle kit is easy to maintain and subsequently makes for an efficient choice.
All axles are factory assembled in our workshop to ensure your travels are problem-free.
When a tow vehicle exerts a force on the brake, the override mechanism is activated and the internal mechanical callipers are further activated, giving a great braking experience and ensuring safety to your vehicle.
You can further enhance the longevity of your trailer’s override brake by opting for galvanised axles that cost you a small amount of an additional $80.
Depending on the make of your vehicle, Couplemate offers several override axle kits.
Calculating the face to face measurement on your axle
Factors like frame, spindles, hubs, wheels, bearings, springs, axles, and other hardware determine your trailer capacity. Keeping these elements in mind, you can calculate the face to face measurement and choose an axle kit that enhances not only the safety of your vehicle but also its performance parameters.
- Measure the offset wheel. The offset is the distance between the inside of the hub on the rim of your vehicle and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. You could also choose to add the distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
- 45 mm round axle rated at 1450 kg
- 2 x Galvanised Calipers + Disc Pads + Mounting Bolts
- Anchor Plates Welded on Axle (2)
- Galvanised Disc Rotors + Bearings + Nuts (2)