50mm Square Mechanical Disc Brake Axle
50mm square mechanical disc brake is activated when the tow vehicle engages the override brake.
- Holden HT
- Holden HQ
- 6 Stud Landcruiser Disc Rotor by Alko®
- 5 Stud Landcruiser Disc Rotor by Alko®
- 6 Stud Parallel Landcruiser
Re-check the outer bearing nuts for tightness immediately after the first trip.
Couplemate manufacturers and tests all square mechanical disc brake override axles.
Trailer Parts include
- 50mm Square Black Natural Axle rated @ 1450kg to 1600kg
- 2 X Galvanised Mechanical Brake Calipers, Disc Brake Pads and Mounting Bolts
- Anchor Plates Welded on Axle
- 2 x Galvanized Disc Rotors, Wheel Studs, Slimline Bearings, Marine Seals, Wheel Nuts and Dust Cap
Mechanical Override Disc Brakes are simple brakes to understand and maintain. Ensure brake caliper adjustments are made on the caliper bolt and not the cable adjuster.
Couplemate installs the latest Al-ko calipers on all of our mechanical braking systems.
The force exerted during braking from the tow vehicle engages the override brake, which in turn activates the mechanical calipers causing braking.
Please note: We ask you for your face to face measurement of your axle.
Calculating The Correct Axle Measurements
As a result of viewing the video above, calculate the face to face measurement.
- Measure the offset wheel. The wheel offset is the distance between the inside of the hub and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose your own distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
Metric to Imperial ConverterConvert Imperial (inches) to metric (mm)
Still unsure of what measurements to take? Check out this handy guide below:
[P] – Check material specifications. What size and profile is the axle (for example, 45mm Square)
[T] – Overall axle length (tip to tip)
[F] – Hub face to hub face measurement
[A] – Chassis width
[C] – Tyre clearance
[B] – Back offset
[H] – Tyre to chassis
[G] – Axle pad centres
Identifying Bearing Combinations
You will also need to identify your bearing combination which can be done by pulling off a hub and bearings, and locating the number laser engraved onto the bearing. You will require both the inner and the outer bearing number.
Did you know that the bolts holding in your caliper can unwind themselves on rough, corrugated roads?
Couplemate uses a medium-strength Loctite on all mechanical caliper bolts.
Review more disc braked axles below
- 45mm Square Mechanical Disc Brake
- 45mm Square Hydraulic Disc Brake Axle
- 50mm Square Mechanical Galvanised Disc Brake
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 50mm Square Mechanical Disc Brake and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon December 4, 2019. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.