Last updated on December 7th, 2019 at 11:35 am
50mm square mechanical disc brake is galvanised and activated when the tow vehicle engages the override brake.
- Holden HT.
- Holden HQ.
- 6 Stud Landcruiser Disc Rotor by Alko®.
- 5 Stud Landcruiser Disc Rotor by Alko®.
- 6 Stud Parallel Landcruiser.
Couplemate manufacturers and tests all square mechanical disc brake override axles.
Trailer Parts include
- 50mm Square Galvanised Axle rated @ 1450kg to 1600kg
- 2 X Galvanised Mechanical Brake Calipers, Disc Brake Pads and Mounting Bolts
- Anchor Plates Welded on Axle
- 2 x Galvanized Disc Rotors, Wheel Studs, Slimline Bearings, Marine Seals, Wheel Nuts and Dust Cap
Mechanical Override Disc Brakes are simple brakes to understand and maintain. Ensure brake caliper adjustments are made on the caliper bolt and not the cable adjuster.
Couplemate installs the latest Al-ko calipers on all of our mechanical braking systems.
The force exerted during braking from the tow vehicle engages the override brake, which in turn activates the mechanical calipers causing braking.
Please note: We ask you for your face to face measurement of your axle.
Did you know that the bolts holding in your caliper can unwind themselves on rough, corrugated roads?
Couplemate uses a medium-strength locktite on all mechanical caliper bolts.
Review more disc braked axles below
- 45mm Square Mechanical Disc Brake
- 45mm Square Hydraulic Disc Brake Axle
- 50mm Square Mechanical Galvanised Disc Brake