50mm Square Electric Axle Kit suit 10″ Electric caravan and trailer brakes.
Couplemate’s 50mm square electric axle kit is custom made to your exact length. Caravan brakes up to 1600kg Axle systems include parallel and offroad magnets.
Understanding the Calculation
The Face to Face measurements to calculate Tip to Tip measurement is as follows
- S/L 150mm Lazy add 100mm
- S/L 10” Electric Drum add 103mm
- 2T 205mm Lazy add 172mm
- 10” Disk Rotor add 98mm
- PLL 10” Electric Drum add 122mm
- 2T 12” Electric Drum add 172mm
Couplemate electric braked axles are registered Australian made.
Here is why Couplemate make one of the best electric caravan brake axle kits;
- BlueScope Steel
- Australian made Drums
- Premium electric Backing plates
- Japanese Bearings
- Pre-adjusted brakes
Tip: If you are on the top of your weight range this 50mm square axle will solve many problems associated with spring sag due to axle vibration.
10″ Electric trailer braked axles available on 50mm Square Axles are,
- Ford OffRoad
- HT Holden
- HQ Holden
- 5 Stud Landcruiser
- 6 Stud Landcruiser
- 5 Stud Landcruiser Parallel
- 6 Stud Landcruiser Parallel
- 5 Stud Landcruiser Offroad
- 6 Stud Landcruiser OffRoad
- 5 Stud Landcruiser OffRoad Parallel
- 6 Stud Landcruiser OffRoad Parallel
- Nissan OffRoad
Your 50mm Square 10″ Electric Axle Kit comprises
- 50mm Square Axle rated @ 1450kg to 1600kg depending on bearings
- 2 x Off-Road Electric Backing plates
- 8 x 7/16″ Nuts to secure backing plates to weld ring
- 2 x SL Weld Rings
- Weld Rings Welded on Axle
- 2 x Parallel Drums
- 10 x 1/2″ Wheel Nuts
- 2 x Slimline Japanese Bearing Kits
How to calculate Face to Face measurement on your axle. Measure the wheel offset. (see video above)
The offset is the distance between the inside of the hub on the rim and the outside of the rubber. Add 25mm or the distance between the rubber and the chassis. Multiply by 2 for two sides and then add your chassis width.
A wide 50mm square brakes axle assembly is your solution to axle flex from smaller axles.
Axle Flex will rapidly wear your springs due to the reverberation of vibration from the centre of the axle back to the spring.
Effectively, your spring is working twice as hard as it should. Read our article about vibration fatigue.
Do not forget to leave your phone number at checkout. If your selections look mismatched, I will call you.
Purchase other braked axles here
- 45mm Round Electric Brake Axle Kit
- 45mm Square Electric Brake Axle Kit
- 50mm Square 2t Electric Braked Axle Kit
- 60mm Round 2t – 3t Electric Brake Axle Kit
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 50mm Square Electric Brake Axle Kit to 1600kg and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon March 31, 2015. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.