45mm round axle assembly kit with lazy or unbraked hubs and Japanese bearings.
Here is why Couplemate make one of the best-unbraked axles
- BlueScope Steel
- Quality Hubs
- Japanese Bearings
- Pre-assembled to factory specifications.
- Finally, Couplemates lifetime warranty against faulty workmanship.
If you require a galvanised axle please click this link. Our galvanised axles are cut from Australian steel and galvanised in Brisbane. We then machine the finished galvanised product.
Personally, I recommend Japanese bearing on all trailer builds and caravan servicing work.
45mm round lazy axle kit is ideal for trailers up to 1450kg.
Note: 45mm Square axles are recommended for heavier loads and tandem trailers or wide trailers over 2000mm. Little axles and heavy loads cause vibration fatigue. Learn about vibration fatigue here.
Wide 45mm Round Axle Assembly Trailer tend to suffer from Axle flex if overloaded. Axle flex will rapidly wear your springs due to the reverberation of vibration from the centre of the axle back to the spring.
Effectively, your spring is working twice as hard as it should.
Axles and ratings as follows
- 39mm Round Axle Kit | Unbraked Lazy Kit | 750kg
- 45mm Round Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit | 1450kg
- 45mm Square Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit | 1450kg – 1600kg
- 50mm Square Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit
- 3t x 65mm Round Lazy Axle Kit
Calculating The Correct Axle Measurements
As a result of viewing the video above, calculate the face to face measurement.
- Measure the offset wheel. The wheel offset is the distance between the inside of the hub and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose your own distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
Metric to Imperial ConverterConvert Imperial (inches) to metric (mm)
Still unsure of what measurements to take? Check out this handy guide below:
[P] – Check material specifications. What size and profile is the axle (for example, 45mm Square)
[T] – Overall axle length (tip to tip)
[F] – Hub face to hub face measurement
[A] – Chassis width
[C] – Tyre clearance
[B] – Back offset
[H] – Tyre to chassis
[G] – Axle pad centres
Identifying Bearing Combinations
You will also need to identify your bearing combination which can be done by pulling off a hub and bearings, and locating the number laser engraved onto the bearing. You will require both the inner and the outer bearing number.
45mm Round Unbraked Lazy Axle Assembly
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 45mm Round Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon April 7, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.