Last updated on November 7th, 2019 at 10:35 am
45mm round axle assembly kit with lazy or unbraked hubs and Japanese bearings.
Here is why Couplemate make one of the best-unbraked axles
- BlueScope Steel
- Quality Hubs
- Japanese Bearings
- Pre-assembled to factory specifications.
- Finally, Couplemates lifetime warranty against faulty workmanship.
If you require a galvanised axle please click this link. Our galvanised axles are cut from Australian steel and galvanised in Brisbane. We then machine the finished galvanised product.
Personally, I recommend Japanese bearing on all trailer builds and caravan servicing work.
45mm round lazy axle kit is ideal for trailers up to 1450kg.
Note: 45mm Square axles are recommended for heavier loads and tandem trailers or wide trailers over 2000mm. Little axles and heavy loads cause vibration fatigue. Learn about vibration fatigue here.
Wide 45mm Round Axle Assembly Trailer tend to suffer from Axle flex if overloaded. Axle flex will rapidly wear your springs due to the reverberation of vibration from the centre of the axle back to the spring.
Effectively, your spring is working twice as hard as it should.
Axles and ratings as follows
- 39mm Round Axle Kit | Unbraked Lazy Kit | 750kg
- 45mm Round Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit | 1450kg
- 45mm Square Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit | 1450kg – 1600kg
- 50mm Square Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit
- 3t x 65mm Round Lazy Axle Kit