50mm Square Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit
50mm square lazy axle assembly with Australian hubs and Japanese bearings. Made in Australia by our technicians in our Wynnum workshops.
Here is why Couplemate make one of the best-unbraked axles
- BlueScope Steel
- Quality Hubs
- Japanese Bearings
- Pre-assembled to factory specifications
- Couplemate provides a lifetime warranty against faulty craftsmanship
Axles are factory assembled to guarantee to certify bearings and clearances are perfect before dispatch.
- 1 x 50mm Square Australian made Axle
- 2 x Australian made Lazy Hubs with Japanese Bearings
- Japanese bearings rated from 1450kg up to 3t
- Greased with high-temperature, high-performance grease and assembled in our workshops
The Rating for 50mm Square Lazy Axles is
- LM Bearings 750kg
- SL Bearings 1450kg
- Parallel bearings 1600kg
- Dexter 1.8t bearings
- 2t Alko bearings
- 2t Dexter bearings
- 3t Alko bearings
The maximum capacity of 50mm Square axles is 3t. Bearing sizes determine the axle capacity. Note: Recommended for heavier loads on farm trailers. The 50mm square unbraked axle assembly is your solution to axle flex from smaller axles. Axle Flex will rapidly wear your springs due to the reverberation of vibration from the centre of the axle back to the spring. Effectively, your spring is working twice as hard as it should.
Unbraked Axle and ratings as follows
- 39mm Round Axle Kit | Unbraked Lazy Kit – 750kg
- 45mm Round Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit – 1450kg
- 45mm Square Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit | 1450kg – 1600kg
- 60mm Round Axle 3t Unbraked Axle
- 3t x 65mm Round Lazy Axle Kit
Calculating The Correct Axle Measurements
As a result of viewing the video above, calculate the face to face measurement.
- Measure the offset wheel. The wheel offset is the distance between the inside of the hub and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose your own distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
Metric to Imperial ConverterConvert Imperial (inches) to metric (mm)
Still unsure of what measurements to take? Check out this handy guide below:
[P] – Check material specifications. What size and profile is the axle (for example, 45mm Square)
[T] – Overall axle length (tip to tip)
[F] – Hub face to hub face measurement
[A] – Chassis width
[C] – Tyre clearance
[B] – Back offset
[H] – Tyre to chassis
[G] – Axle pad centres
Identifying Bearing Combinations
You will also need to identify your bearing combination which can be done by pulling off a hub and bearings, and locating the number laser engraved onto the bearing. You will require both the inner and the outer bearing number.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 50mm Square Unbraked Lazy Axle Kit and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon April 1, 2015. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.