45mm Square Axle With Ford Bearings. Australian Made | 1500mm to 2475mm
Manufactured in our Brisbane warehouse these 45mm Square Axle with Ford Bearings is suitable for Parallel, Slimline or even American axles in plain or galvanised steel.
How to measure your straight axle correctly.
SL Profile: Axle length measurement is tip to tip. Axles supplied with nut, washer and split pin.
Australian Axles are a little more expensive than China or Indian Axles. However, Australian made axles have a better profile finish resulting in a longer life for your bearings.
- The large inner bearing part number is 68149 – 59.10 OD, 35.00 ID
- The large inner, outer bearing part number 12749 – 45.20 OD, 22.00 ID
Dexter Bearing Profile.
- Inner ID 35.00mm, OD 59.97mm – 68149/11
- External ID 27.00mm, OD 50.29mm – 44649/10
- Seal ID 44mm, OD 65.22mm – GS-1719DL
- Grease Cap 1.98″
The Square Axle is perfect for your trailer, caravan or camper and can take loads up to 1450kg.
Ford Bearing Common problem:
If you are towing your rig straight and true, then that’s great but if not then here are a few tips.
Too much weight will bend this 45mm Square Axle and cause excess axle flex. Axle flex will occur when a heavily ladened trailer spring rebounds on the highway causing the square axle to flex up and down, or vibrate in the middle.
Springs fatigue and fail prematurely under axle flex or overload conditions.
Our 45mm axle steel is sourced from Australian manufacturers (BlueScope Steel) and machined in our Brisbane workshops.
If your axle is 45mm axle is bending, buy a 45mm square parallel axle and update to 1.6t. It is not very expensive in comparison to replacing springs that will continue to suffer fatigue.
For more information about why we use quality steel, check out my article; Axle Steel for Caravan and Trailer Axles.
Other Common Problems:
- Poorly engineered 45mm Square Parallel Axles cause excessive bearing wear
- Rough seal journals can cause a loss of grease through the rear seal
- Examine your 45mm Square Axle SL before installation for cracks in the steel along the axle. Some manufacturers supply non-virgin steel or scrap steel and forge this steel into solid square or round shape for axle production
- Chinese bearings are the second biggest cause of axle failure. If you plan to get onto a highway, use Japanese bearings. The combination of Japanese Bearings and 45mm Square Axle will help you significantly with lower maintenance for your rig
- Are your tandem tyres wearing unevenly? Here is a link that provides the best method to test your axles.
Solutions To Axle Problems:
- You should upgrade 6 stud Landcruiser axles to a parallel axle configuration.
- Couplemate assembled axles, with Japanese provides you with our unconditional guarantee of a well made, well-backed axle assembly.