45mm Square Axle Ford Bearing Australian Made – 1500mm to 2475mm
45mm Square Axle Ford Bearing is manufactured in our Brisbane warehouse.
Parallel, Slimline or even American axles in plain or galvanised steel. When measuring from the face of the axle, add 100mm to this measurement to get the tip of thread to tip of the thread length.
Australian Axles are a little more expensive than China or Indian Axles. However, Australian made axles have a better profile finish resulting in a longer life for your bearings.
- The large inner bearing part number is 68149 – 59.10 OD, 35.00 ID
- The large inner, outer bearing part number 12749 – 45.20 OD, 22.00 ID
Dexter Bearing Profile
- Inner ID 35.00mm, OD 59.97mm – 68149/11
- External ID 27.00mm, OD 50.29mm – 44649/10
- Seal ID 44mm, OD 65.22mm – GS-1719DL
- Grease Cap 1.98″
The Square Axle is perfect for your trailer, caravan or camper for loads up to 1450kg.
If you are towing your rig straight and true, perfect if not then below are a few tips.
Ford Bearing Common problem:
Too much weight will bend this 45mm Square Axle and cause it to experience axle flex.
Axle flex occurs when a heavily ladened trailer spring re-bounds on the highway causing the 45mm square axle to flex up and down, or vibrate in the middle of the axle.
Springs fatigue and fail prematurely under axle flex or overload conditions.
Our 45mm axle steel is sourced from Australian manufacturers (BlueScope Steel) and machined in our Brisbane workshops. If your axle is 45mm axle is bending, buy a 45mm square parallel axle and update to 1.6t.
It is not very expensive in comparison to replacing springs that will continue to suffer fatigue. Axle Steel explained
Other Common Trailer Problems:
- If your 45mm Square Parallel Axle is not correctly engineered, you may experience excessive bearing wear. The most
- Rough seal journals can cause a loss of grease through the rear seal.
- 45mm Square Axle SL must be examined before installation for cracks in the steel along the axle. Some suppliers supply non-virgin steel or scrap steel and forge this steel into solid square or round shape for axle production.
- Chinese bearings are the second biggest cause of axle failure. If you plan to get onto a highway, use Japanese bearings. The combination of Japanese Bearings and 45mm Square Axle will help you significantly with lower maintenance for your rig.
- Are your tandem tyres wearing unevenly? If so, ask you local trailer repairer or manufacturer if he can perform a triangulation. Although the axles are installed straight, the trailer frame could be welded out of shape.
- If your axle is under say 2000mm and is six stud Landcruiser, then upgrade to a parallel axle.
- If your axle is over 2000mm and is six stud Landcruiser, then upgrade to a parallel axle.
- Couplemate assembled axles, with Japanese provides you with our unconditional guarantee of a well made, well-backed axle assembly.
Finally, SL Profile. Axle length measurement is tip to tip. Axles supplied with nut, washer and split pin.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 45mm Square Axle and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon June 11, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.