Australian Made 60mm Round Axle & Rated To 3t Maximum.
Couplemate manufacturers axles from Bluescope steel in our Wynnum, Brisbane workshops.
Note: Please advise your axle length, either tip to tip length or face to face measurement and axle profile after ordering. Example 2t, 3t, parallel, slimline.
The Face to Face measurements to calculate Tip to Tip measurement is as follows: –
- S/L 10” Electric Drum – 103mm
- S/L 150mm Lazy – 100mm
- 10” Disk Rotor – 98mm
- PLL 10” Electric Drum – 122mm
- 2T 12” Electric Drum – 172mm
- 2T 205mm Lazy – 172mm
60mm round axles are rated as follows:
- Slimline 1450kg
- Parallel 1600kg
- 2.25 tonne
- 3 tonne depending on the length and bearing configuration.
If you are towing your rig straight and true, perfect if not then below are a few tips.
60mm around axles rarely causes problems.
60mm Round Axle can vary significantly in price. Axles are manufactured in a variety of places, India, China, Malaysia, Australia.
Real problems may come from imported steel causing steel fractures along the beam. Consistent hardness along the beam is another problem.
Other common problems and tips:
- Rough seal journals can cause a loss of grease through the rear seal.
- 50mm Square Axles must be examined before installation for cracks in the steel along the axle.
- Some suppliers supply non-virgin steel or scrap steel and forge this steel into solid square or round shape for axle production. Always ask for Australian Steel.
- Chinese bearings are the second biggest cause of axle failure.
- Use Japanese bearings if you plan to get reliability from your rig.
- The combination of Japanese Bearings and 50mm Square Axle will help you greatly with lower maintenance for your rig.
We rarely have problems with these larger kits. A Couplemate assembled axle with Japanese gives you our unconditional guarantee of a well made, well-backed axle assembly.
At Couplemate, we can help you out with all the boat trailer parts you’ll need. We supply Australian-made axles for caravans (made at our Wynnum workshops), galvanised marine axles for boat trailers, and drop and overlay axles and stub axles made from Western Australian iron ore.