Last updated on January 11th, 2020 at 12:30 pm
50mm Square Mechanical Disc Brake Drop Axle lowers the trailer and centre of gravity by 100mm.
The 50mm square mechanical drop axle assembly is lighter than solid beams and rated to 1450g or 2900kg per tandem axle group.
Boat trailers use mechanical disc brakes due to the anti-corrosive characteristics of the disc braking system.
- All Couplemate marine disc braked axles are Australian made.
- Did you know Couplemte have a lifetime warranty against faulty craftsmanship?
- However, this warranty does not cover consumables such as bearings and disc pads.
This kit includes:
- 50mm Square hollow Axle rated @ 1450kg
- 1 x Pair Mechanical Brake Calipers.
- 1 x Pair of Anchor Plates welded to the axle
- 2 x 7/16″ Caliper Bolts + Washer
- Pair of Galvanised Disc Rotors
- 2 x Japanese Slimline Bearings Sets
- Galvanised axle is an optional extra and available upon request.
Couplemate has disc braked axles to suit the following wheel stud patterns;
- Ford SL
- HT Holden SL
- HQ Holden SL
New Articles and associated products
- Excellent boat trailer article by Al-ko International
- Purchase 2t American Stainless Rotor and Caliper setups here
- 50mm Square Hydraulic Braked Disc Hollow Drop Axle
- 2t Mechanical Disc Braked Axle
- 45mm Round Mechanical Disc Braked Gal Axle
- 45mm Round Mechanical Disc Braked Axle
- 50mm Square Mechanical Galvanised Disc Brake