39mm Round Stub Axle, Castellated Nut, washer and split pin
39mm round stub axle is used on small trailers and as spare wheel carriers on boat trailers. We understand how to make a bad axle and we know what makes an axle good. Poorly turned axles cause bearing failure.
Axle rating is 375kg each or 750kg per pair.
Hollow axles are rated the same as solid solids up to 750kg. This type of axle is commonly found on American imported trailers.
How to install a stub into a hollow tube
- Cut the tube to length, including the stub measurement.
- Drill a hole, no smaller than 12mm on all 4 sides. Mark the 45mm tube 25mm back from the end of the stub when inserted.
- Insert the stub weld into place.
- Weld the stub holes to secure the end of the stub into the tube.
- Finally, the hollow axle stub must protrude past the springs and u-bolts once affixed into position.
Standard Bearing Sizes are
We recommend you use only Japanese Bearings.
50mm Round tube with a wall thickness of 5mm retains the 750kg rating for a pair of 39mm Round Stubs.
Reduce axle flex with a shorter length axle or larger diameter axle.
If your camper, caravan or trailer is around 2400mm in length then select a 45mm Square Axle for rating around the 1500kg mark.
Purchase a variety of stub axle we manufacture here
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 39mm Round Stub Axle and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon April 1, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.