40mm Square Stub Axle is made by Couplemate
40mm Square Stub Axle LM Profile. Axles length is measured from tip to tip. Stub Axle supplied with nut, washer and split pin.
Stub Axle supplied with nut, washer and split pin.
Welding a 40mm Square Stub into 50mm tube with 5mm walls makes a very good farm trailer.
Select from an electric or marine turn. Electric turn suits both electric and hydraulic backing plates. Marine turn suits marine or unbraked axles.
Hollow axles are rated the same as solid solids up to 1600kg. This type of axle is commonly found on American imported trailers.
How to install a stub into a hollow tube
- Cut the tube to length, including the stub measurement.
- Drill a hole, no smaller than 12mm on all 4 sides. Mark the 50mm tube 25mm back from the end of the stub when inserted.
- Insert the stub weld into place.
- Weld the stub holes to secure the end of the stub into the tube.
- Finally, the hollow axle stub must protrude past the springs and u-bolts once affixed into position.
LM Bearing Sizes are
Rated to 500kg per Stub or 1000kg per pair.
- Tip to Shoulder including thread 115mm
- Square part 135mm
It is common to slide 40mm stub axles into 50sq tube and weld into position for use on narrow trailers.
The links below contained a variety of stub axle we manufacture.
- 39mm Round Stub
- 39mm Round Galvanised Stub
- 40mm Square Galvanised Stub
- 45mm Round Stub
- 45mm Round Stub PLL
- Round 45mm Galvanised Stub
- 45mm Square Stub
- 45mm Galvanised Square Stub
- 50mm Round Stub
- 50mm Square Stub
40mm Square Stub Axle
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 40mm Square Stub Axle and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon February 26, 2017. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.