50mm Square Axle Caravan Trailer Boat
50mm square axle is the axle of choice to tow your rig straight and true.
Couplemate manufacturers axles from BlueScope steel in our Wynnum, Brisbane workshops.
50mm Square Solid Axle rating
- Holden Bearing Profile - 1,000kg Max
- Ford Bearing Profile - 1,450kg Max
- Dexter Bearing Profile - 1,590kg Max
- Ford Parallel Bearing Profile - 1,600kg Max
- Al-ko Bearing Profile - 2,250kg Max
- Dexter Bearing Profile - 2,250kg Max
- Al-ko Bearing Profile - 3,000kg Max
Note: Please advise your axle length, either tip to tip length or face to face measurement and axle profile after ordering. Example 2t, 3t, parallel, slimline.
So where does this steel come from?
Newcastle in New South Wales continues its rolling bar mill that pulls its feedstock from Whyalla in South Australia.
The other major arm of the Newcastle steel industry is Commonwealth Steel at Waratah, NSW. This wire works mill pulls its steel from 1000 car bodies per day.
Australian Steel is a fascinating story. Such a pity the Television media reporting on Australian success stories is not better supported.
Calculating The Correct Axle Measurements
As a result of viewing the video above, calculate the face to face measurement.
- Measure the offset wheel. The wheel offset is the distance between the inside of the hub and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose your own distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
Metric to Imperial Converter
Convert Imperial (inches) to metric (mm)
Still unsure of what measurements to take? Check out this handy guide below:
[P] - Check material specifications. What size and profile is the axle (for example, 45mm Square)
[T] - Overall axle length (tip to tip)
[F] - Hub face to hub face measurement
[A] - Chassis width
[C] - Tyre clearance
[B] - Back offset
[H] - Tyre to chassis
[G] - Axle pad centres
Identifying Bearing Combinations
You will also need to identify your bearing combination which can be done by pulling off a hub and bearings, and locating the number laser engraved onto the bearing. You will require both the inner and the outer bearing number.
Other Common Problems and Tips:
If your 50mm square parallel trailer, caravan axle is not properly engineered you may experience excessive bearing wear.
- Rough seal journals can cause a loss of grease through the rear seal.
- Some suppliers supply non-virgin steel or scrap steel and forge this steel into a solid square or round shape for axle production. Always ask for Australian Steel.
- Chinese bearings are the second biggest cause of axle failure.
- If you plan to get onto a highway, use Japanese bearings.
- The combination of Japanese Bearings and a 50mm Square Axle will help you greatly with lower maintenance for your rig.
- Are your tandem tyres wearing unevenly?
- How to Align Caravan Wheels
- Axle Steel explained.
We rarely have problems with these larger kits.
A Couplemate assembled axle with Japanese bearings gives you our unconditional guarantee of a well made, well-backed axle assembly.
More axles and their maximum rating can be found here.
- 39mm Round Axle - 750kg
- 39mm Round Galvanised Axle - 750kg
- 40mm Square Axle - 1000kg
- 40mm Square Galvanised Axle - 1000kg
- Round Axle 45mm - 1450kg
- 45mm Round Galvanised Axle - 1450kg
- Square Axle 45mm - 1450kg
- 45mm Square Parallel - 1600kg
- 45mm Galvanised Square Axle - 1450kg
- 50mm Galvanised Square Axle - 1450kg
- 60mm Round Axle - 3000kg
- 60mm Galvanised Round Axle
50mm Square Axle Caravan Trailer Boat
|Dimensions||200 × 5 × 5 cm|
|Tip to Tip Measurement||
1475mm Long, 1500mm Long, 1525mm Long, 1550mm Long, 1575mm Long, 1600mm Long, 1625mm Long, 1650mm Long, 1675mm Long, 1700mm Long, 1725mm Long, 1750mm Long, 1775mm Long, 1800mm Long, 1825mm Long, 1850mm Long, 1875mm Long, 1900mm Long, 1925mm Long, 1950mm Long, 1975mm Long, 2000mm Long, 2025mm Long, 2050mm Long, 2075mm Long, 2100mm Long, 2125mm Long, 2150mm Long, 2175mm Long, 2200mm Long, 2225mm Long, 2250mm Long, 2275mm Long, 2300mm Long, 2325mm Long, 2350mm Long, 2375mm Long, 2400mm Long, 2425mm Long, 2450mm Long, 2475mm Long