45mm Round Stub Axle
45mm Round Stub Axle is rated 1450kg and used on larger trailers with limited width. Also used on motorcycle sidecars or motorbike trailers.
Select from an electric or marine turn. Electric turn suits both electric and hydraulic backing plates. Marine turn works on marine or unbraked axles.
The seal shoulder is an essential factor when selecting the correct stub.
- Electric stubs have a seal that should set back 128mm for standard slimline bearings and 140mm for parallel bearings.
- Marine stubs have a rear shoulder of 115mm to accommodate a marine seal.
Please measure the back shoulder before ordering.
Towing rated capacity
- 750kg each or 1450kg per pair when installed on slimline bearings
- 1600kg per pair when mounted on parallel bearings.
Suitable for welding onto a 45mm Square beam to create an overlay axle. Ideal overly is 50mm
Trailer Bearing Kit
- Inner ID 35.00mm, OD 59.10mm
- Outer ID 22.00mm, OD 45.20mm
- Seal ID 43.9mm, OD 59.10mm
- Grease Cap 45.20mm
We strongly recommend you use only Japanese Bearings.
If you wish for a more substantial capacity on your 45mm round stub, it is possible to use a parallel profile.
Reduce axle flex with a shorter length axle or larger diameter axle.
If your camper, caravan or trailer is around 2400mm in length, select a 45mm Square Axle for rating around the 1500kg mark.
Weld 45mm round axles in slimline or parallel configuration onto a solid beam for an overlay axle.
Round axles provide a greater area of weld and penetration than square axles. The welded area is 50mm or greater.
Further, insert 45mm stubs into a 50mm square tube for shorter, lighter rigs. Drill and weld plug holes at the ends of the tube to provide help remove weld fatigue.
Purchase a variety of stub axles we manufacture here
- 39mm Round Stub Axle
- 40mm Square Stub Axle
- 45mm Round PLL
- Square Stub Axle 45mm
- 50mm Round Stub
- 50mm Square Stub