Coupling Base Plate
Coupling base plate for mounting two hole and four-hole couplings. Base plates suit trailer, campers, caravans, offroad and marine trailers.
It is expensive and time-consuming to buy a flat plate, cut it to size and drill holes.
As a result of shock loading, extreme vertical and horizontal forces are applied to couplings and plates. The minimum recommended thickness of coupling plates is 5mm.
- Rectangular 2 hole coupling plate is 4mm thick with hole spacings of 100mm x 1/2 hole.
- Triangular 2 hole coupling plate is 4mm thick with hole spacings of 100mm x 1/2 hole.
- Rectangular 4 hole coupling plate is 4mm thick with hole spacings of 184mm x 54mm x 1/2 hole.
- Triangular 4 hole coupling plate is 4mm thick with hole spacings of 184mm x 54mm x 1/2 hole.
The coupling base plate in trailers is welded on top of—or under—chassis rails, and lets you bolt the coupling onto the rails.
Pro tip: When welding the plate under the chassis rail, the coupling stays between the chassis rails and offers a lower attachment point for the caravan or trailer.
Purchase Couplings here
- 2t Al-ko snap couplings
- 2t Override Coupling – AL-KO
- 3.5t AL-KO® Marine Coupling
- 3500kg Electric Coupling Al-ko®
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Coupling Base Plate – Trailer and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon September 13, 2015. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.
Last Updated on