Tailgate Ramp Loader Spring
Tailgate ramp loader spring to suit horse float ramps and small low loaders.
How to select the correct size tailgate ramp spring
Often folks pick the most significant size to make sure the spring is heavy enough for the lift required.
Once installed, with the heavier spring, the tailgate swings up so violently that it slams into the trailer with enough force to create damage.
Buying the correct ramp spring is simple if you follow a few steps.
- You will need a scale, perhaps a bathroom scale
- Lower the ramp onto the scale
- You now have the weight measurement of the ramp
- Select a size of spring that is 10kg more substantial than the scale indication.
- Once installed, the load on your ramp will be 10kg at the point where it touches the ground
Car trailers and low loaders use drop or overlay axles. This type of axle lowers the centre of gravity thereby lowering the trailer. LInk to parallel overlay axle.
The video below shows one method of installation
- 14mm – 40kg
- 16mm – 60kg
- 19mm – 100kg
- Small tail – 150mm from centre of the coil
- Long-tail – 70cm from the centre of the coil
- Coil OD – 80mm
- Coil ID – 55mm
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Tailgate Ramp Loader Spring and caravan spare parts throughout Australia. Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart. We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.© Steve Wotherspoon December 9, 2019. Images and text may be copied provided a link back to the copied page is provided and the source nominated.
Last Updated on