39mm Round Galvanised Lazy Axle
39mm round galvanised lazy or unbraked axle has a maximum capacity of 750kg. Axles over 750kg require brakes.
Tandem axles under 2,000kg require brakes on one axle. Tandem trailers over 2t require electric brakes on all axles. In the case of braking requirements for boat trailers over 2t, electrically activated hydraulic brakes are acceptable.
Axles and hubs are Australian made by Couplemate and Galvanised in Brisbane; as a result, you are purchasing the best equipment money can buy.
Galvanised Unbraked Axle kit comprises:
- 39mm Round Galvanised Axle
- 2 x ElectroGal Lazy Unbraked Hubs
- 7/16" or 1/2" UNF nuts to suit the stud pattern
- Japanese bearings - LM11949 and LM67048
Available Stud Patterns
- Ford - LM bearings
- HT Holden - LM bearings
- HQ Holden - LM bearings
Purchase larger galvanised unbraked axles
Calculating The Correct Axle Measurements
- Measure the offset wheel. The wheel offset is the distance between the inside of the hub and the outside of the rubber.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose your own distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
Metric to Imperial Converter
Convert Imperial (inches) to metric (mm)
Still unsure of what measurements to take? Check out this handy guide below:
[P] - Check material specifications. What size and profile is the axle (for example, 45mm Square)
[T] - Overall axle length (tip to tip)
[F] - Hub face-to-hub face measurement
[A] - Chassis width
[C] - Tyre clearance
[B] - Back offset
[H] - Tyre to chassis
[G] - Axle pad centres
Identifying Bearing Combinations
You will also need to identify your bearing combination which can be done by pulling off a hub and bearings and locating the number laser engraved onto the bearing. You will require both the inner and the outer bearing numbers.