Tow Ball Caravan Scale is essential equipment for every caravan, in our opinion.
Essential, how so?
The tow ball weight of your caravan is the most important ingredient that keeps your caravan from swaying.
A light tow ball weight causes excessive sway and in some cases makes your boat or caravan un-towable.
If your tow ball weight is too heavy then your car suspension can be overloaded causing your headlights to be too high and your boot too close to the ground. It can also cause your steering to be light and unresponsive.
Please leave a review and tell me your thoughts about this product.
How to correctly setup your tow ball weight.
- We always recommend the best place to start is with a weighbridge certificate so you can set your tow ball weights, tyre pressures and organise your caravan correctly for towing.
- Check your VIN plate against your weighbridge certificate.
- Slip your tow ball scales under your trailer coupling.
- 5% to 8% is ideal. 10% is possibly pushing the limits and possibly the limits of your car’s suspension.
- You may be able to arrange a change of weight distribution in your caravan by moving weight forward or backward of the axle. Example, 2000kg caravan with 300kg ball weight is too heavy. Move 50-70kg backward of the axles reduces your ball weight. You have just move weight from your car suspension through the coupling to your caravan suspension.
Test your new setup by simply towing your caravan on the highway. You should not experience sway at 80 km even when passing heavy vehicles.Measures the ball weight of your caravan or trailer up to 350kg
- Measures the ball weight of your caravan or trailer up to 350kg
- Ideal for determining the correct Hayman Reese weight distribution system to use
- Easy to read weight gauge
- Rounded ends to fit all couplings
- Calibrated scale using internal spring mechanism
- Powder coated steel
- Full instructions on use and set up
- Retail-friendly packaging