Editors Note: Finally, an auto retracts jockey wheel that works. However, there is a problem with the mounting holes as they do not Australian 4″ chassis rails.
Solution: We decided to machine some u-bolt holes to suit my 4″ drawbar and will load up a video and images soon. I am so impressed that I put the auto-retract into production and now machine holes in our CNC MIll to suit 4″ drawbars.
The Al-ko auto retract jockey wheel comes standard with the mounting plate, however, the holes need work as they do not line up with standard chassis rails.
The auto-retract to suit 4″ chassis rails is available to retail customers only.
- Static Load 500kg
- Dynamic Load 300kg
- DIM A – Max 975 / Min 790
- Dim B – Min 840
- Max extension from the bottom of the chassis rail 540mm
- Max compression from the bottom of the chassis rail 75mm
- Ideally, weld the bracket to the chassis rail.
- The bolt holes will need to be elongated to fit 4″ drawbars or you can order then pre-drilled.
- Attachment to 4″ drawbars via a U-bolt will require drilling the base plate. (Pre-Drilling is an Optional Extra)
Heavy duty auto-retract jockey wheel, developed by Al-ko for boating applications.