Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder Kit inc Herc Alloy Chains
- Safety chain holders are mandatory on all trailer vehicles that weigh over 3500 kg.
- The safety chain holder is an innovative solution that help prevents collision should the trailer become detached from the tow vehicle.
Couplemate discusses Myths and facts abound around the campfire about shackles and safety chains. Below are a few facts with references and a few myths from the campfire.
- Dee or Bow shackles must be compatible with a rated safety chain, therefore, it must be stamped with a rating. How do you prove compatibility? (CI-119C, Page 2, para 3)
- Each Chain must be sized such that the minimum breaking load exceeds the ATM. (VSB1 Page 27, para 4)
- Safety Chain must be stamped at intervals not exceeding 4 links. (CI-119C, Page 1, para 8)
- The Break Load Limit of the shackle must be 1.5t greater than the ATM. (CI-119C, Page 3)
Every trailer has a tow bar fitted, with at least a pair of safety chain holders. Mounting these holders on either side and adjacent to the tow bar coupling makes towing easier. Road Trains are an exception, however
Herc Alloy safety chain kit includes.
- 2 x 10mm Herc Alloy chains.
- Two x trailer mounted safety chain holders.
- 2 x tow bar mounted safety chain holders.
The attachment must be able to withstand static forces that incur during towing and should be resistant to cracks or breaks.
Pro Tip: The safety chain holders need to be a permanent fixture on your towbar. You may either weld or bolt the attachment to the tow bar using high tensile bolts.
- Weight- 10 kg
- Dimensions- 30cm x 20cm x 10 cm