10mm Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder Kit inc Herc Alloy Chains
- Safety chain holders are mandatory on all trailer vehicles that weigh over 3500 kg.
- The 10mm (8,000 kg) safety chain holder is an innovative solution that prevents the dragging of safety chains of your trailer.
Couplemate discusses Myths and facts abound around the campfire about shackles and safety chains. Below are a few facts with references and a few myths from the campfire.
- Dee or Bow shackles must be compatible with a rated safety chain, therefore, it must be stamped with a rating. How do you prove compatibility? (CI-119C, Page 2, para 3)
- Each Chain must be sized such that the minimum breaking load exceeds the ATM. (VSB1 Page 27, para 4)
- Safety Chain must be stamped at intervals not exceeding 4 links. (CI-119C, Page 1, para 8)
- The Break Load Limit of the shackle must be 1.5t greater than the ATM. (CI-119C, Page 3)
Every trailer has a tow bar fitted, with at least a pair of safety chain holders. Mounting these holders on either side and adjacent to the tow bar coupling makes towing easier. Road Trains are an exception, however
10mm Herc Alloy safety chain kit includes.
- 2 x 10mm Herc Alloy chain @ 80cm long.
- Two x 10mm trailer mounted safety chain holders.
- 2 x 10mm tow bar mounted safety chain holders.
The attachment must be able to withstand static forces that incur during towing and should be resistant to cracks or breaks.
Pro Tip: The safety chain holders need to be a permanent fixture on your towbar. You may either weld or bolt the attachment to the tow bar using high tensile bolts.
- Weight- 10 kg
- Dimensions- 30cm x 20cm x 10 cm
Furthermore, links to other safety holder parts are here.
Depending on the size of your trailer, you can also choose from Couplemate’s specially designed safety chain holders. These include the https://www.couplemate.com.au/caravan-trailer-parts/trailer-parts/safety-chains-and-shackles-trailer-parts/3-5t-30t-safety-chains/13mm-x-13500-kg-safety-chain-electrogal-holder-pair/ safety chain holder and the 16 mm x 22,000 kg safety chain holders, both of which are coated with ElectroGal® for enhanced durability.