Last updated on January 11th, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Receiver Hitch Pin plus R Clip – 3500kg suit ClassIV Receiver Bars
Receiver hitch pin with R Clip. Couplemate carries large stock of this 16mm hitch pin product and welcome towbar installers bulk enquiries. Receiver pin | 3500kg Class IV. OD is 16mm or 5/8 inch.
Trailer hitches come in two primary configurations:
- Receiver type hitches consist of a portion that mounts to the towbar of the vehicle that has a rearward-facing opening that accepts removable ball mounts, hitch bike racks, cargo carriers, or other hitch mounted accessories.
- Fixed-drawbar type hitches are typically built as one piece tongue, have an integrated hole for the trailer ball, and are not compatible with aftermarket hitch accessories.
A receiver hitch pin hitches use a 40mm or 50mm box steel section inside another square box steel section. The standard size is 50mm for receiver bars to 3500kg.
- Inspect hitch pin and hitch pin clips yearly for wear and tear.
- Clips may become loose and require replacement.
- Repetitive removal and reinsertion.can cause clips to lose tension.
- As a result, clips must be regularly inspected.