45mm Square Parallel Axle
45mm Square Parallel Axle is perfect for your trailer, caravan or camper if you are wanting a tough rig for remote or off-road locations.
When measuring from the face of the axle, add 117mm to this measurement to get the tip of thread to tip of the thread length.
The parallel axle is a great axle and helps you tow your rig straight and true, perfect if not then below are a few tips.
45mm Square Parallel Axle Tips
Know problems are jack-knifing Bobcat trailers whilst reversing places excess pressure on the inner rear tandem tyre. Avoid sharp turns when reversing.
These problems occur because some manufacturers rate their 45mm Square parallel axle near 1800kg per axle. Whilst this rating is OK under normal conditions, it fails under reversing conditions.
If sharp turns are unavoidable when reversing then upgrade to 2 t axle kits and these problems disappear.
If your axle is Square axle is bending, buy a 50mm square axle and update to 2t. It really is not very expensive in comparison to replacing springs that have suffered fatigue.
- Inner ID 35.00mm, OD 59.10mm
- Outer ID 35.00mm, OD 59.10mm
- Seal ID 43.9mm, OD 59.10mm
- Grease Cap 63.00mm
- 1600kg rating
Other Common Parallel Axle Problems and Tips:
If your square parallel axle is not properly engineered you may experience excessive bearing wear.
- Badly machined or rough seal journals can cause a loss of grease through the rear seal ID.
- 45mm square parallel axles must be examined prior to installation for cracks in the steel along the axle.
- Some suppliers supply non-virgin steel or scrap steel and forge this steel into solid square or round shape for axle production. Always ask for Australian Steel.
- Chinese bearings are the second biggest cause of axle failure.
- If you plan to get onto a highway, use Japanese bearings.
- The combination of Japanese Bearings and 45mm square parallel Axle will help you greatly with lower maintenance for your rig.
- Are your tandem tyres wearing unevenly?
- Here is a link that provides an easy method to test your axles.
- Axle Steel for Caravan and Trailer Axles.
- Video: Vibration Fatigue in Caravans and Boat Trailers
Upgrade to a 2t axle kit. We rarely have problems with these larger kits.
A Couplemate assembled axle with Japanese gives you our unconditional guarantee of a well made, well-backed axle assembly.