50mm Square Galvanised U Bolt Kit | Gal Nylocks | Gal Washers
50mm square galvanised U bolt includes galvanise nylocks and washers.
Further, the 50mm square galvanised U bolt have rolled threads as opposed to cut threads. Additionally,
- the thread length is 60mm.
- the thread size is 1/2″ BSW.
Four elements uniquely define any U-bolt:
- Material type (for example bright zinc-plated mild steel or galvanised)
- Thread dimensions (for example 1/2″ )
- Inside diameter (for example 50 mm – the distance between the legs)
- Inside height (for example 125 mm)
Furthermore, u bolts are stress tested during manufacture and batch tested until destruction.
Destruction loads exceed 17,000kg for 1/2 inch galvanised u bolts.
Finally, u bolts are derated to 375kg each or 1500kg per set of 4 or enough u bolts to suit a single axle.
The max rating of 750kg axles is 750kg with ubolt rating @ 1500kg.
Vibration fatigue can loosen u-bolts if not re-tightened after 300 km. Very good article on vibration fatigue here.