50mm square galvanised U bolt includes galvanise nylocks and washers.
Further, the 50mm square galvanised U bolt have rolled threads as opposed to cut threads. Additionally,
- the thread length is 60mm.
- the thread size is 1/2″ BSW.
As U-bolts are now being used by a much wider audience to clamp any kind of tubing/round bar, then a more convenient measurement system needs to be used.
Four elements uniquely define any U-bolt:
- Material type (for example bright zinc-plated mild steel or galvanised)
- Thread dimensions (for example 1/2″ )
- Inside diameter (for example 50 mm – the distance between the legs)
- Inside height (for example 125 mm)
U bolts are stress tested during manufacture and batch test until destruction.