50mm Round Galvanised U Bolt by Couplemate. Available Sizes 100mm | 112mm | 125mm | 137mm | 150mm | 162mm | 175mm | 200mm
U-bolt kit includes rolled threads with gal flat washer + gal nylock. Thread length is 60mm.
How do I calculate the correct length, measure
- Spring width plus
- Axle Pad 8mm plus
- Axle width plus
- Nyloc plus
- Read why u-bolts could be the primary cause of accidents.
- This article is the catastrophic result of the incorrect tightening of u-bolt on a truck chassis.
How to Measure U bolts (example)
You must retighten u-bolts approx 200lkms after installation due to steels ability to stretch a little under load.
Furthermore, we stress-tested these u-bolts during manufacture and batch test until destruction.
Destruction loads exceed 17,000kg for 1/2 inch galvanised u-bolts.
Finally, our u-bolts are derated to 375kg each or 1500kg per set of 4 or enough u-bolts to suit a single axle.
The max rating of 750kg axles is 750kg with ubolt rating @ 1500kg.
Vibration fatigue can loosen u-bolts if not re-tightened after 300 km. Excellent article on vibration fatigue here.
Galvanised u-bolt clamp kits are listed below
- 50mm Square Galvanised Ubolt Clamp Kit
- 56mm Galvanised UBolt Clamp Kit
- 75mm Galvanised U bolt Clamp Kit
- 100mm Galvanised U bolt Clamp Kit