Showing the single result
Electric – 50mm Square Hole
50mm electric weld ring with 50mm square hole to suit 50mm Square Axle.
Electric backing plate weld ring suit 10-inch electric brakes and mechanical 9-inch brakes.
This weld ring has a 50mm square hole and 72mm hole centres.
Electric backing plate locators are 65mm apart.
Dry Fit installation Method
- Bolt weld ring to the electric backing plate.
- Slide the backing plate onto the axle.
- Fit bearings to the drum without grease.
- Fit drum to the axle and tighten.
- Slide the backing plate into the drum and tighten the brake adjuster.
- Once shoes are touching the drum, adjust the backing plate further into the drum so that it is concentric with the drum.
- Tighten the brake adjuster until the backing plate is locked into the drum.
- Tack weld the weld ring onto the axle at 4 equidistant points.
- Back off the brake adjustment,
- Remove the drum from the axle.
- Now the weld ring is securely attached, finish welding the weld ring.
- Pack the bearing with grease and inspect before re-installing the drum into the final position.
- Adjust the brake adjuster to the desired adjustment.
Finally, what does an electric weld ring fit? Click the link below and buy.