Wheel nut indicators provide clear evidence of loose wheel nuts
Wheel nut indicators are essential caravanning equipment because wheel nuts work loose on rough roads and require checking every morning.
Price per piece.
Other uses for nut indicators include
- Vibratory Conveyors.
- Vibratory & Rotary Shakeouts.
- Screening Solutions for Mining & Aggregate.
- Grinding and Attrition Machinery.
- Underground Mining Machinery.
Driving caravans and campers over rough roads mandate maintenance checks every morning before the day’s adventures commence.
The knurl is important otherwise wheel studs spin during tightening.
Furthermore, wheel studs cannot be welded.
Once the wheel stud has commenced spinning, the hole has been oversized.
The drum now requires replacement. It is not to insert new wheel studs into old stud holes.
If a replacement is absolutely necessary then we recommend a drop of red locktite.
Specifications and Sizes
- 3/8″ indicators fit nuts that measure 3/8″ across the flats with a vernier caliper.
- 7/16″ Suit all Holden and 4 stud hubs – 19mm across the flat edge of the nut.
- 1/2′ Suit Ford, Landcruiser, Nissan, F100, Landcruiser, etc.- 21mm across the flat edge of the nut. (Does not fit 5 Stud Landcruiser)
High-Density Polypropylene is used in the manufacture of wheel nut indicators.
Severed Wheel Nuts
Severed wheels studs are not caused by faulty manufacture or bad driving style.
It is common for wheel nuts to work their way loose and require tightening, immediately.
A simple remedy is to check the nuts every morning or better still, insert wheel indicator tags.
These tags quickly identify even a slight loosening of the wheel nuts.
Once the identification process is made, the simple remedy is to tighten the loose nuts.
How to install wheel nut indicators
- Insert the tab over the nut, ensuring the pointed tab is touching the right-hand side against the hub.
- A loosened nut will move the tab in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Re-tighten the wheel nut immediately and replace the tab in the correct position.
Outback Spares in Charleville report caravanners limping into town with only two operational studs, as a result of wheel stud shear.
Finally, to get a better understanding of road vibrations, please view the vibration test below.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Caravan Wheel Nut Indicator and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon September 25, 2019. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.