Last updated on November 24th, 2019 at 03:37 pm
6t Receiver Hitch Pin hitch for use on most popular high tensile pin made for hitch receiver bars. The tight fit helps to eliminate receiver bar rattle.
How many sizes are avialable?
- 65mm-85mm O.D. Receivers | Length under the head to the tip of the thread- 105mm
- 90mm O.D. Receivers | Length under the head to the tip of the thread- 115mm
- High Tensile Pin
- Tightens the receiver connection.
- Greatly reduces rattle.
- Suitable for all hitch and receive weight ranges up to 6t.
Trailer hitches come in two primary configurations:
- Receiver-type towbar consists of a portion that mounts to the towbar of the vehicle that has a rearward-facing opening that accepts removable ball mounts, hitch bike racks, cargo carriers, or other hitch-mounted accessories.
- Fixed-drawbar type hitches are typically built as one piece tongue, have an integrated hole for the trailer ball, and are generally not compatible with aftermarket hitch accessories.
A receiver hitch pin hitches use a 40mm or 50mm box steel section inside another square box steel section. The standard size is 50mm for receiver bars to 3500kg.
A Nice informative video below demonstrates how pins can become loose and fall off, causing the trailer to become dislodged.
“Be warned about that simple trailer hitch pin. This style Trailer Hitch Pins can come out while travelling down the road. There have been trailers lost on the highway because of this trailer hitch pin.” video comment.
6t Receiver Hitch Pin
It is quite common for hitches to rattle inside their housing. However, this pin is .5mm oversized to help reduce rattle.
Some manufacturers have welded a nut and bolt on one flat edge of the outer holder, usually on the side.
A trailer hitch bolts directly to the chassis of the vehicle.
- ClassI – up to 900kg – light loads
- ClassII – up to 1,600kg – light loads
- ClassIII – up to 2,250kg – larger loads (campers, boats, etc.)
- ClassIV – up to 4,000kg – larger loads (campers, boats, etc.)
- ClassV – up to 7,727kg – larger loads (construction equipment, etc.
Finally, this hitch pin fit the following receiver bars.
- 50mm x 3500kg – 2″ Drop x 7/8″ hole
- 50mm x 3500kg Long – 2″ drop x 7/8″ Hole
- 3500kg x 50mm – 4″ Drop x 7/8″ hole
- 70mm x 4500kg – 2″ Drop x 32mm hole
- 70mm x 4500kg – 4″ Drop x 32mm hole