Trailer & Caravan 12 Pin LED Plug / Socket
12 Pin LED Plug / Socket for Trailers & Caravans with stainless steel terminals for Auxiliaries. In addition, Led’s are located under the cover on the right and the left side of the Pins.
A good tip is to spray corroded terminals with WD40. As a result, connections come back to life and become electrically conductive again.
However, this fix is short-lived and only provides a temporary solution. Consequently, the best answer is to buy a quality set of trailer LED plugs and sockets.
12 pin LED connectors provide evidence of electrical conductivity, at a glance. As a result, this visual check makes caravanning easy.
Problems associated with trailer plugs
- Corrosion of terminals
- Water ingress
- Dirt ingress
- Cable separation from terminals
Furthermore, the greatest cause of caravan plugs and socket connection problems is unsoldered and ineffective connections at the plug terminal and at the trailer lights. The simple solution is to twist the cable ends, solder the copper tips then insert into the plug ferrules and tighten.
Generally, pin connectors are brass or poor quality brass alloy. So, Trailer Vision invented LED connectors with stainless steel screws in their terminals in an effort to combat poor connections.
12 Pin Caravan Plug and Socket Specifications
- Pins 8 ,9, 10, 11, 12 current rating 35 amp Wire Size 5 mm
- Pins 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 current rating 15 Amps Wire Size 4 mm
- Chrome Plated Brass Pins with Stainless Steel Screws
- Spring-Loaded Front Cover with a clip to hold open separator to insulate between Trailer Circuits and AUX Battery Circuit
- Weather Resistance Rear Cable Entry Seals with Gripping Device for Holding Cable
As a result, bad connections are usually comprised of oxidised terminals or weak linkage. Therefore, to eliminate bad connections, Couplemate recommends soldering the ends of each cable end before insertion into the ferrule.
Trailer Vision has produced a combination of stainless steel pin screws with plated brass terminals to help prevent breakage and ensure tight contact between socket and plug. For instance:
- Pin 8 has a RED LED that indicates a breakaway charging circuit.
- Pin 5 has a BLUE LED that monitors the breakaway battery circuit
Testing Breakaway Battery
- Disconnect the trailer plug from the vehicle.
- Pull out the pin in the breakaway switch to activate the electric braking system.
- The BLUE flashing LED in the trailer plug must flash to indicate a breakaway battery energy source.
- The amber light on the breakaway battery indicates batteries charging status.
Dennis Gravolin has invented a world-first…Trailer Vision!. Denis is enthusiastic about inventions and wrote a song which he performs regularly.
Finally, Trailer Vision – wacky inventor is also a Chad Morgan impersonator.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Trailer & Caravan 12 Pin LED Plug / Socket and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon March 8, 2017. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.