Independent coil suspension kit solves camber loss issues
The Couplemate Independent coil suspension electric off-road kit is for all conditions. Dirt roads from Cape York to Broome, Couplemate ICS trailing arm kits are well designed by our engineers.
- Does not require constant camber adjustment
- Coil Springs have no weak spots as opposed to leaf springs which have a soft spot 100mm from the eye, on most springs.
Our experts can quickly help you with any height or ride information you need. One of the most popular questions. Do we provide replacement bushings? The ICS has two high tensile bushings that do not require replacement.
- Ride Height No Load 335mm, Full Load 297mm as measured from the lower part of the chassis rail to the axle centre.
- Coil Springs – Upgradable.
- Stub Axles – Upgradeable.
- Max Compression 70mm at full load.
- This zero camber is due to the upper frame that provides fundamental strength to the entire suspension.
- Coil suspension features our unique zero camber at full load.
- Inbuilt structural rigidity ensures no camber movement.
- Twin shock absorbers.
- Off-road Magnets are an optional extra.
- Australian Made.
- To make your calculation simple, we can offer Sunraysia Rims and off-road tyres in 14 inch, 15 inch and 16-inch tyres with prices ranging from $244.00 to $344.00 for the 16-inch off-road tyre. (tyres are extra)
Price includes both left and right-hand sides to suit a single axle. Independent coil suspension kit is built explicitly for rigidity. We recognised rigidity is the key to independent suspension. Therefore, we needed a top and bottom frame. The addition of a top frame to compliment the bottom structure is the key to rigidity and strength for the toughest of conditions.
We have replaced only two bushings on a trailer after 250,000 over the outback terrain. So no, generally we do not replace bushings. However, that is not to say we cannot replace these bushings.
Couplemate suspension systems have many features designed by our engineers; they are Ride Height No Load 335mm, Full Load 297mm as measured from the bottom of the chassis rail to the axle centre.
Is Couplemate independent suspension made in Australia?
New – we have added frame and stub axle only. IN this case, caravanners can change over their existing electric backing plates and drums onto the new suspension frames and stub axles.
Trailers and Spares – 4/294 New Cleveland Rd, Tingalpa. Phone (07) 3890 4211
Trail A Van – 24 Mansell St, Wilsonton. Phone (07) 4634 8600
Approximate installation and certification costs are $2,000
- 1450kg – Slimline
- Price includes one left and one right side (single axle)
- To order a tandem axle, add 2 units to your cart
- Ride Height No Load 335mm
- Ride Height Full Load 297mm
- Zero Camber at full load
- Replaceable coil springs
- End caps replacement
Hydraulic or Electric
Hydraulic disc rotors are a variation if required. Unfortunately, we cannot manufacture mechanical disc rotors kits with independent suspension. Independent coil suspension kit 1600kg are superior to the slipper, shackle spring or rocker roller suspension. Coil springs provide longer life with no weak spots that cause breakage under shock loading conditions. The leaf springs mentioned previously, have two soft spots
- Firstly, one place is just before the eye on each end is a single leaf that carries the entire load of the caravan or camber.
- Secondly, another weak spot exists at the spring centre pin.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality Independent Suspension 1250kg – 1400kg and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon July 17, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.