70mm Tow Ball - ADR Approved
70mm Tow Ball suit 4.5-tonne heavy duty Electric Couplings. No CRN means the tow ball is not legal for use on Australian roads and highways for all vehicles made after July 2009.
Drill the shack after the nut is tightened. Insert the split pin and fold it around the nut in a horizontal manner or follow the circumference of the nut.
- 4.5 tonnes
- 32mm Shank
Trailers over 3.5t towing capacity made after 2009 using 70mm balls must comply with Australian standards and be ADR Approved.
- 2.3.1. 1 January 2009 on all new model vehicles.
- 2.3.2. 1 July 2009 on all vehicles.
Towing Balls over 3.5t must be tested for 2,000,000 cycles at the full, rated load.
A castellated nut and split pin have been supplied to enable the nut to be fixed with a pin after a torque wrench is applied.
70mm tow balls NOT marked in the fashion below, do NOT comply with Australia Standards. AS4771.2 demands the following
- Manufacturers mark.- Who is responsible for this tow ball.
- Tow Ball Rating - Max towing rating
- Tow Ball Size - What coupling this tow ball fits.
- Batch Number - Identifies potential batching problems. (new legislative requirement)
70mm Tow Ball fits the following parts
- 4.5t Electric Trailer Coupling | D-Value 23.24kN
- 70mm Towbar Receiver Hitch 2 inch Drop
- 70mm Towbar Receiver Hitch 4 inch Drop
- Pintle Hitch Tow Ball Adaptor
12.3.3. Over 3.5 tonnes ‘ATM.’
- 126.96.36.199. Over 3.5 tonnes ‘ATM’ – ‘D-value’ rated Dynamic Testing
- 188.8.131.52.1. The horizontal alternating force of minimum (kN) +/- 0.6 x ‘Coupling’ ‘D-value’ (kN) acting in a line parallel to the ground and the longitudinal median plane of the towing vehicle for at least 2 million cycles.
- 184.108.40.206. Over 3.5 tonnes ‘ATM’ – ‘D-value’ and ‘V-value’ rated Dynamic Testing
- 220.127.116.11.1. The horizontal alternating force of minimum (kN) +/- 0.6 x ‘Coupling’ ‘D-value' (kN) acting in a line parallel to the ground and in the longitudinal median plane of the towing vehicle and a vertical alternating force of minimum (kN) static vertical ‘Coupling’ load +/- (0.6 x ‘Coupling’ ‘V-value’ (kN)) acting vertically for at least 2 million cycles.
The static vertical ‘Coupling’ load (kN) = 9.81 x S where: S = ‘ATM’ - ‘GTM’ (tonnes).
IMPORTANT NOTICE - 70mm Balls
Tow balls purchased from Couplemate Trailer Parts contain the certified CRN identification number on the Invoice. The CRN on the approval letter will be the same CRN on the Invoice.
Furthermore, show vehicle inspectors the invoice during the inspection of the trailer or vehicle if required.
The CRN number is required for this type of equipment installed on new vehicles and trailers.
70mm Tow Ball
|Dimensions||20 × 8 × 8 cm|