60mm Standard Tandem Shackle Kit suit Caravan 700mm shackle springs
60mm standard tandem shackle kit is suitable for all Al-ko standard tandem spring kit. These kits need to be inspected and replaced if shackle pin wear is evident upon inspection.
- 2 x 16mm High Tensile Shackle Bolts
- 2 x 32mm shackle plates.
Standard tandem caravan springs use 5/8 inch Bolts – 32mm Wide Shackle Plates at 75mm hole Centers.
Prevent bolt wear by welding the bolt head to the shackle plate. Welding prevents the bolt from spinning.
Bolt spin causes premature wear and failure.
The correct position for front and back hangers is 835mm from the middle rocker to the front and back hanger centres.
Shackle bolts on a standard tandem are non-greasable due to the self-lubricating spring bushing.
How to tighten shackle bolts.
- Tighten shackle bolt until home.
- Back off 1/4 turn.
- You need a small space between your shackle plates and spring otherwise you will develop an annoying squeak.
- This squeak is due to no tolerance between shackle plates and spring.
Standard 4″ Shackle Bolts can be located by clicking these links.
- Standard non-greaseable shackle bolt. 5/8″ x 4″
- Standard greaseable shackle bolt. 5/8″ x 4″