50mm Square Hydraulic Disc Brake Axle
50mm square hydraulic disc brake axle kits are for use on boat trailers due to their anti-corrosive characteristics.
The 50mm square hydraulic axle assembly is our most popular seller.
This axle group is rated
Boat trailers use hydraulic disc brakes due to the anti-corrosive characteristics of galvanised disc braking system.
- All Couplemate marine disc braked axles are Australian-made and galvanised.
- Did you know Couplemate have a lifetime warranty against faulty craftsmanship?
- However, this warranty does not cover consumables such as bearings and disc pads.
This kit includes:
- 50mm Square Galvanised Axle rated @ 1450kg - 1600kg
- 1 x Pair Hydraulic Brake Calipers
- 1 x Pair of Anchor Plates welded to the axle
- 2 x 7/16" Caliper Bolts + Washer
- Pair of Galvanised Disc Rotors
- 2 x Japanese Slimline Bearings Sets
- Galvanised axle is an optional extra and available upon request
Couplemate has disc braked axles to suit the following wheel stud patterns
- Ford SL
- HT Holden SL
- HQ Holden SL
- Commodore SL
- 5 Stud Landcruiser SL
- 6 Stud Landcruiser SL
Calculating The Correct Axle Measurements
As a result of viewing the video above, calculate the face-to-face measurement.
- Measure the offset wheel. The wheel offset is the distance between the hub's inside, and the rubber's outside.
- Add 50 mm to the offset. Alternatively, choose the distance between the rubber and the chassis.
- Multiply by 2 for both sides. Add your chassis width to the above number.
Metric to Imperial Converter
Convert Imperial (inches) to metric (mm)
Still unsure of what measurements to take? Check out this handy guide below:
[P] - Check material specifications. What size and profile is the axle (for example, 45mm Square)
[T] - Overall axle length (tip to tip)
[F] - Hub face-to-hub face measurement
[A] - Chassis width
[C] - Tyre clearance
[B] - Back offset
[H] - Tyre to chassis
[G] - Axle pad centres
Identifying Bearing Combinations
You will also need to identify your bearing combination by removing the hub and bearings and locating the number laser engraved onto the bearing. You will require both the inner and the outer bearing numbers.
|Dimensions||240 × 60 × 60 cm|
5 Stud Landcruiser – Parallel, 6 Stud Landcruiser – Parallel, Ford (5 x 114.30mm), Holden HT (5 x 107.95mm), Holden HQ (5 x 120.65mm), Holden Commodore (5 x 120mm), Land Cruiser 6S, 5s Landcruiser (5 x 150mm)
|Face to Face Length|
1325mm, 1350mm, 1375mm, 1400mm, 1425mm, 1450mm, 1475mm, 1500mm, 1525mm, 1550mm, 1575mm, 1600mm, 1625mm, 1650mm, 1675mm, 1700mm, 1725mm, 1750mm, 1775mm, 1800mm, 1825mm, 1850mm, 1875mm, 1900mm, 1925mm, 1950mm, 1975mm, 2000mm, 2025mm, 2050mm, 2075mm, 2100mm, 2125mm, 2150mm, 2175mm, 2200mm, 2225mm, 2250mm, 2275mm, 2300mm, 2325mm, 2350mm, 2375mm