3.5t Al-ko Off-Road Coupling rated 3,500kg
3.5t Al-ko off-road coupling offers a lower profile ball than most other off-road ball couplers.
Engineered by AL-KO in Australia specifically for extreme off-road adventure, the new AL-KO Off-Road Ball Coupling incorporates extreme vertical and horizontal articulation as well as a quick & easy hitching design that requires no pin or hole alignment.
The Alko coupling with a dual locking system retrofits to existing caravans and camper trailers.
- Snap locks closed
- R Clip or lynchpin acts as a double lock to help prevent accidental unhitching from the tow vehicle.
Caravan owners with low rear doors rate this Al-ko low profile as one of the best couplings on the market.
Couplemate welcome International sales with daily dispatches via Australia Post Air Express.
Al-ko Off-road Coupling Models
- 3.5 Tonne fixed and
- 2.0 Tonne Override
Featuring 360-degree head articulation and a positive tow ball latching system is ideal for extreme off-road adventures. The Al-ko® Off-Road Coupling is easy to fit and requires no difficult pin or hole alignment.
The new AL-KO® Off-Road Ball Coupling incorporates extreme vertical and horizontal articulation. Furthermore, the quick & easy hitching design requires no pin or hole alignment. We took to the Victorian High Country to push it to its limits through all sorts of off-road terrain.
We choose Al-ko® International because of their high-quality materials designed and high-quality running gear range including axles brakes,
Fatigue tested to 2 million cycles; the Al-ko® Off-Road Coupling is available from all good trailer parts and off-road trailer retailers.
Furthermore, vibration fatigue is a good reason you need shock absorbers. Rough, corrugated roads create every wear and tear on shock absorbers and electric brake magnets. Read here.
Al-ko® Off-Road Trailer Coupling Features
- Huge 360-degree Articulation
- Fully Compliant to Australian Standards
- User-friendly, fits standard 50mm tow ball
- Head height is approximately 125mm from top of the tongue to the top of the high shoulder tow ball.
- Corrosive Resistant
- Zinc plate or Dacromet plated components
- Unique, attractive design
- Fatigue tested to 2 million cycles
- Self-lubricating head pivot bushes
- Standard mounting hole positions
- Positive ball latching, incorporating high impact PolyCarbonate ABS handgrip system
- Developed and engineered in Australia for harsh Australian conditions.
Further, consider the following when selecting a coupling:
- Type of brakes used?
- Maximum loaded trailer weight?
- Can I use a 50mm ball or do I need a ring-type attachment?
High Shoulder Tow Balls
Extreme angles cause the Al-ko off-road coupling to contact the tow hitch tongue, as a result causing damage.
Consider a high rise tow ball to give extra clearance over the heavy ground.
Also, visit the page below to view a very good off-road pin coupling
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 3.5t Al-ko Off-Road Ball Coupling and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon September 3, 2014. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.