45mm Shackle Offset Galvanised Spring
45mm x 710mm Shackle Offset Galvanised Spring. The offset is 50mm off-centre to enable the axles to be closer on tandem trailers for 14-inch or 16-inch wheels.
This gap can be closed by 50mm to 100mm by turning the spring 180 degrees. Ideal for closing the gap between the tyres on tandem trailer setups. Install hangers 25mm longer than the springs.
45mm Spring Specifications
- 28-inch (710mm)
- 45mm x 8mm
- 9/16 inch shackle bolt diameter
- 300mm eye to Center Bolt
- 410mm another eye-to-centre bolt
- 105mm Free Camber
Galvanised spring ratings per spring for offset springs are
- 4 leaf 550kg
- 5 leaf 650kg
- 6 leaf 750kg
- 8 leaf 850kg
The problem arises its head when the trailer carry's too much weight and the spring breaks before the owner gets the chance to upgrade his springs.
During yearly inspections, we urge owners to check for spring damage caused by shock loading events from the previous year's journeys.
Purchase your 45mm shackle springs below.
- 635mm Shackle Springs - Black and Galvanised
- 45mm Shackle Spring - 710
- 45mm Shackle Galvanised Spring - 710
- Shackle Offset Spring 45mm - 710
- 45mm Al-ko Millard 7-leaf Shackle Spring 835mm
- 45mm Tandem Shackle Hanger Kit
- Why do caravan springs break?
- Wrong hanger location cause Spring Problems
- Upgrade begins replacing Broken Caravan Springs