Electric Backing Plate Weld Ring | 10 Inch
These weld ring suit 10-inch electric brakes and mechanical 9-inch ones on slimline, LM and parallel bearing profiles. Couplemate welding brackets are manufactured to fit the following axle sizes:
- 40mm square marine axles (115mm extended LM profile).
- 40mm square electric axles. (130mm extended LM profile).
- 45mm round axles. (130mm long slimline or parallel profile).
- 45mm square axles. (115mm extended LM profile).
- 45mm square axles. (130mm long slimline profile)
- 50mm square axles. (130mm long slimline profile)
- 50mm square axles (140mm extended parallel profile)
72mm outer hole centres. Backing plate locators are 65mm apart.
Electric Backing Plate Weld Ring | 12 Inch
Electric backing plate weld ring suit 12-inch electric brakes. Our weld rings are made to fit the following axle sixes:
- 50mm Round Axles
- 50mm Square Axles
Electric brake backing plate locators are 55mm apart.
How to easily tell a 12-inch weld ring from a 10-inch?
People sometimes ask how to tell the difference between a 10-inch and 12-inch weld ring. Put simply, it is the number of holes: 10-inch weld rings usually have 4 holes, whereas 12-inch has 5 holes.
Dry Assembly Instructions
Welding brackets are difficult to mount correctly. Therefore, the following steps can help DIY caravanners.
- Assemble the electric backing plate onto the weld ring
- Place the drum over the axle profile dry (without grease).
- Lock the axle nut so that the drum is in position.
- Adjust brake shoes, so shoes almost lock into the drum.
- Adjust the drum and backing plate, so both parts are concentric on the axle.
- Tack the weld ring into position at 4 points and de-assemble.
- After de-assembly, finish welding the weld ring into place.