Dacromet Marine Hydraulic Disc Pads suit Trojan and AL-KO Calipers
Dacromet marine hydraulic disc pads also suit Trojan and AL-KO calipers and are ceramic friction material that provides excellent braking performance.
New technology: 4 ceramic pads per kit to brake 2 calipers.
Ceramic Brake Pads
Ceramic brake pads are made from material very similar to the type of ceramic used to make pottery and plates. Ceramic brake pad material, however, is denser and considerably more durable. Ceramic brake pads also have fine copper fibres embedded within them, to help increase their friction and heat conductivity.
Since they were developed in the mid-1980s, ceramic brake pads have consistently increased in popularity for a number of reasons:
- Noise-Level: Ceramic brake pads are quiet, creating little to no extra sound when the brakes are applied.
- Wear & Tear Residue: Compared to organic brake pads, ceramic brake pads tend to produce less dust and other particles as they wear down.
- Temperature & Driving Conditions: Compared to organic brake pads, ceramic brake pads can be more reliable in a broader range of temperatures and driving conditions.
Use disc pads with 10-inch and 12-inch disc rotors.
- It has a 14-inch wheel brake rating of up to 1600kg per axle.
- Up to 16-inch wheel brake rating to 1400kg per axle.
- Suitable for disc thickness from 10mm to 15mm.
Hydraulic disc brake calipers have a mounting hole spacing of 88.9mm from centre to centre.
UFP Disc Pads are available here
The recommended operating pressure is 6.9 mpa (1000 psi).
Trailers exceeding 2000 kg require independent control and a breakaway facility. Breakaway kits cause the brakes to be automatically activated if the towing vehicle and the trailer become disconnected.
Tip: When changing or checking disc pads, squeeze the piston home a little by applying a G clamp to the piston. This procedure gives you a little extra room when fitting the disc pads.
|15 × 15 × 15 cm