Tow Balls - 2t to 10t
Showing all 6 results
22mm – 32mm Tow Ball Reducer Bush$17.50 inc GST Add to cart
2 and 2 5/16 inch Tow Balls$32.40 – $81.45 inc GST Select options
50mm Tow Ball – 3500kg$18.50 – $52.45 inc GST Select options
50mm x 3.5t High Shoulder Towball$69.95 inc GST Add to cart
70mm Tow Ball – 4.5t – CRN45125 – 23.7kN$184.48 inc GST Read more
3 inch Towball suit 10t Gooseneck Coupling$285.75 inc GST Add to cart
Tow Balls are manufactured in all sizes from 50mm to 3″.
Tow Balls are designed and manufactured to connect different weight trailers to the tow vehicle. What is the most common tow ball size in Australia? The answer is 50mm.
The Australian Standard is AS 4177.2—2004. Publishing this standard is forbidden; however, the maximum force applied is 85kN for no less than 10 sec.
Tow balls are manufactured in various sizes depending on lo loading, carrying capacity, D-Value and V-Value.
Tow Ball Sizes Australia
- 50mm Ball – 7/8″ Dia Shank – 62mm Long – 3500kg Capacity
- 50mm Ball – 1″ Dia Shank – 62mm Long – 3500kg Capacity
- Pintle Hook 50mm Ball – 32mm Dia Shank – 62mm Long – 3.5kg Capacity
- 50mm Ball – 7/8″ Dia Shank – 25mm high shoulder – 62mm Long – 3500kg Capacity
- 50mm Ball – 25.4mm Dia Shank – 62mm Long – 3500kg city – Suit Pintle Hook CM532
- 70mm Ball – 32mm Dia Shank – 25mm Shoulder – 70mm Shank – 4500kg capacity
- 3″ Ball – 50mm Dia Shank – 39mm Unthreaded – 15mm Shoulder – 10,000kg capacity
Tow Ball Sizes USA
- 2″ Ball – 1″ Shank – 62mm Long – 3500kg Capacity
- 2 5/16″ Ball – 1 1/4″ Dia Shank – 3500kg Capacity
As a result of growing demand, Couplemate commenced the manufacture of all ball sizes. Our largest truck ball size is 3″ for our 10t gooseneck coupling.
High Rise Tow Balls
Couplemate manufactured and tested a large variety of 50mm balls including a 50mm shoulder ball.
The highest shoulder we are able to produce using the strongest of materials is 25mm.
Tow Bar Hitch
We recommend offroad couplings of all brands use a solid cast receiver hitch or tow ball hitch. Hollow receivers have a welded tongue that distorts in extreme offroad conditions and under shock loading events on the highway.
We also found many Chinese balls do not pass the Australian Standard, AS4177.2. Therefore, compliance standards are not met; thus, strict penalties and loss of reputation for offending companies are costly.
Further, to ensure compliance with the regulations, Couplemate manufacturers and tests its towing equipment.