16mm ElectroGal U-Bolt Incl Nylock and Washer
M16 U-bolts are U-shaped bolts with a thread diameter of 16mm. They are commonly used in construction, plumbing, and other industrial applications.
16mm heavy-duty U-bolts are ideal for trailer rigs up to 6t. Couplemate have tested both 1/2-inch and 16mm u-bolts to destruction.
The BBL or break load limit of 16mm u-bolts is 23t. This BBL is well above the working loads of trailers up to 6t.
For loads over 6t, we recommend high tensile u-bolts with UNF threads to ensure sufficient torque when tightening nuts.
M16 U-bolts are available in a variety of sizes and materials, including:
- Inside width: The inside width is the distance between the two legs of the U-bolt. M16 u-bolts have inside widths ranging from 45mm to 60mm.
- Length: The length of the U-bolt is the overall length of the bolt, from the top of the bend to the bottom of the threads. M16 u-bolts are available with lengths ranging from 150mm to 200mm.
- Material: M16 u-bolts are typically made from steel but are also in stainless steel and other materials.
- Grade: The grade of the U-bolt refers to its strength.
When choosing an M16 U-bolt, it is essential to consider the following factors:
- The size of the object you are securing: The inside width of the U-bolt should be large enough to fit around the object you are securing.
- The thickness of the object you are securing: The U-bolt should be long enough to go through the object you are securing and leave enough thread to attach a nut.
- The load that the U-bolt will be subjected to: The grade of the U-bolt should be strong enough to handle the load it will be subjected to.
- The environment in which the U-bolt will be used: If it is used in a corrosive atmosphere, it should be made from stainless steel or another material resistant to corrosion.
M16 U-bolts are versatile and affordable fasteners that can be used in various applications. When choosing an M16 U-bolt, it is essential to consider the size, material, grade, and environment in which it will be used.
U-Bolt Kits are available here
|8 × 2 × 20 cm
45mm Square x 150mm Long, 50mm Square x 175mm Long, 60mm Round x 195mm Long, 65mm Round x 200mm Long