Sway control from BMPRO® is an excellent proactive electronic stability that can automatically stabilise a caravan or camper in the event of sway. Watch the video from Channell 7 News and learn how to prevent caravan rollovers.
Click the link above to go to the CIL page. BMPRO®, Tuson and Dexter have been added to the list of approved sway controller.
BMpro® Sway control is popular for use on Jayco, Alko and Dexter electric braking systems. (Note: Wholesale prices available to trailer builders or repairers. If you are interested in installing this sway control, we invite you to contact Couplemate.)
The patented controller asymmetrically engages electric brakes on the left or right-hand side, depending upon the dynamics of the sway event.
- Mount the SwayControl box on the underside of the caravan chassis.
- It is wired directly to the caravan braking system and continuously monitors yaw to detect sway.
- If sway is detected the SwayControl automatically activates the caravan brakes, creating resistance to bring caravan and vehicle under control.
The subject of towing safety is on everybody’s lips with the most recent incident of a caravan rollover in North Queensland and with Caravan Industry Association of Australia launching the towing guide earlier this year.
Caravan rollover reported on 7 News . For more on this story, click this link.
Caravan Sway Control Works
Sway Control distinguishes between safe maneuvering and dangerous caravan sway that does not require driver intervention.
With independent control of left and right-hand side caravan braking systems and continual closed-loop feedback, the SwayControl quickly and effectively applies the necessary braking force needed to correct caravan sway.
Use in conjunction with your favourite tow hitch. Friction sway control hitches and specialised tow balls are required on mechanical braking to reduce trailer sway.
Further, BMPRO® sway control systems reduce sway from low tyre pressures on vehicle and trailer and provide more stability to the tow vehicle for highway road conditions.
Note: SwayControl automatically disengages when used in offroad conditions.
Monitor Key Features
- Automatically adjusts the braking level (proportional control)
- Automatic system disabling driving in off0road conditions
- The left and right brakes activate independently
- Fully sealed, waterproof, 100% tested for reliability
- Easy to install, wired directly into the electric brake system
- Suitable for up to 4 axle trailers and caravans
- Power – 12V
- Power Source – Caravan Battery
- Dimensions – 55 x 89 x 146
- Sleep Mode – 30 mins inactivity
- Wake mode – Brake Control Signal
- Pre-programming – No
- Auto System Disable (ASD) – Yes
- ASD Detect – 5 Seconds
- Off-Road deactivate – Automatic
- Braking Level Adjustment – Automatic
- Braking Levels – Independent Left / Right
- Maintenance – Nil
- Warranty – 2 years
- status indicator – LED
Sway controllers do not compensate for a towing vehicle that is too light, an unbalanced caravan or lack of weight distribution from tow ball. Coupler weight safe scales are the best solution for correct weight distribution.
Other sway controllers located here:
Finally, Couplemate Trailer Parts is the Queensland distributor for BMPRO®.