Combination Pintle Hook Receiver
Why should you get a Combination Pintle Hook?
✓ Adaptable Towing: 6.0t Ring, 3.5t Ball
✓ Easy Installation: Simply Insert and Tow.
✓ Australian Design: 50mm x 50mm Tow Bar.
Designed and manufactured by Couplemate™ Australia.
Available on back-order
Combination Pintle Hook Tow Bar Receiver
Tow with a 3.5t Ball Coupling and up to 6.0t with a Pintle Ring.
Couplemate's combination pintle hook is a one-piece 50mm receiver arm.
There are real savings to a one-piece towing system that fits into a 50mm tow bar mount.
Please note the NHVR states that 50mm tow balls must be de-rated for tow vehicles 5t and over. Refer to Vehicle Standards guide VSG-16 for de-rating.
Important Towing Safety Information:
- Up to 3.5t towing capacity when used with a 50mm trailer coupling.
- When towing or pulling with the ring hook part, the rating is 6-tonne.
- Always check that the trailer is level with the tow vehicle. If the trailer is NOT level with the tow vehicle, you will need a two price setup to lower or raise your hook.
- The distance from the back of the bar to the pintle hook shoulder is 195mm. 65mm from the end of the bar to the centre of the 5/8" hole.
- We recommend the use of a high tensile hitch pin for equipment over 3.5t.
Remember to take care when reversing. Angles greater than 80 degrees will cause the trailer and coupling to jackknife.
Unless you really know your trailer there are various answers, all of which are pointing towards the customer.
The most likely cause of equipment malfunction is a jackknife.
Purchase other pintle hook mount equipment here.
- 5t Pintle Hook Receiver Arm
- Pintle Towbar Adaptor 8 Hole
- Truck Pintle Hooks - 36.8kN to 84kN
- Pintle Hook Combination - 6t Truck
- Safety Catch, Chain and Clip
- Pintle Ring Coupling - D-Value 49kN
Finally, a pintle is a pin or bolt, usually inserted into a gudgeon, which is used as part of a pivot or hinge. Other applications include pintle and lunette ring for towing, and pintle pins securing casters in furniture.
Tow Ball Protector: Smooth & Controlled Towing
For more advanced towing with ring couplings, Couplemate™ recommends the use of a Tow Ball Protector. Shop the Couplemate Pintle Tow Ball Protector here.
Combination Pintle Hook Receiver Arm
|Dimensions||50 × 25 × 5 cm|
|Pintle Hook Style|