2t Dexter Grease Seals
2t Dexter grease seal requires care during insertion into the hub. Dexter has its origins in the American trailer industry.
Dexter made several different types of 2t seal. When ordering Dexter seals ensure the inner and outer diameters match.
On some seals, there is a small spring inserted under the lip of the seal.
Be careful not to dislodge this spring from under the lip.
Bearings are often destroyed by this spring when it inadvertently becomes dislodged.
- Carefully smear a small amount of grease on the axle profile before inserting the hub over the axle.
- Lubrication of the seal journal prevents lip burn.
- Always use seals with the metal outer. Rubber seals can be more difficult to insert into the hub.
Purchase more grease seals here:
- Standard Holden LM Grease Seal
- Marine Seal LM
- Ford Slimline – Parallel Standard seal
- Ford Slimline – Parallel Marine SL Seal
- 1.5t Caravan Grease Seal
- 2t Caravan Bearing Seal – 64607
- 2t to 3t Marine Metal Bearing Seal
- 1.6t Dexter Grease Seal
- Simplicity Seals
Finally, Couplemate only uses the highest quality parts on all of its axle assemblies and that includes metal ring grease seals.
Couplemate Trailer Parts sells only the best quality 2t Dexter Grease Seals and caravan spare parts throughout Australia.
Customers are welcome to either pickup or take advantage of our low freight rates. Express shipping to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, and Hobart.
We also ship products to New Zealand via Australia Post Air Express.
© Steve Wotherspoon March 12, 2016. Images and text may be copied, provided a link back to the copied page and the source is displayed where the content or image is located.