50mm Square Axle Caravan Trailer Boat
50mm square axle is the axle of choice to tow your rig straight and true. Vibration fatigue is never going to happen on this axle loaded to 2.25t.
Couplemate manufacturers axles from Bluescope steel in our Wynnum, Brisbane workshops.
Note: Please advise your axle length, either tip to tip length or face to face measurement and axle profile after ordering. Example 2t, 3t, parallel, slimline.
The Face to Face measurements to calculate Tip to Tip measurement is as follows: –
- S/L 10” Electric Drum – 103mm
- S/L 150mm Lazy – 100mm
- 10” Disk Rotor – 98mm
- PLL 10” Electric Drum – 122mm
- 2T 12” Electric Drum – 172mm
- 2T 205mm Lazy – 172mm
50mm Square Axle ratings:
- Slimline 1450kg
- Parallel 1600kg
- 2 tonne
- 3 tonne depending on the length and bearing configuration.
50mm Square Axle rarely causes problems.
50mm Sq Parallel Axle can vary greatly in price. Axles are manufactured in a variety of places, India, China, Malaysia, Australia.
The only real problems come from imported steel causing steel fractures along the beam and in the consistent hardness of the beam.
Other Common Problems and Tips:
If your 50mm square parallel axle is not properly engineered you may experience excessive bearing wear.
- Rough seal journals can cause a loss of grease through the rear seal.
- Some suppliers supply non-virgin steel or scrap steel and forge this steel into solid square or round shape for axle production. Always ask for Australian Steel.
- Chinese bearings are the second biggest cause of axle failure.
- If you plan to get onto a highway, use Japanese bearings.
- The combination of Japanese Bearings and 50mm Square Axle will help you greatly with lower maintenance for your rig.
- Are your tandem tyres wearing unevenly? Here is a link that provides an easy method to test your axles.
- Axle Steel explained.
We rarely have problems with these larger kits.
A Couplemate assembled axle with Japanese gives you our unconditional guarantee of a well made, well-backed axle assembly.
More axles and their maximum rating can be found here.
- 39mm Round Axle | 750kg
- 39mm Round Galvanised Axle | 750kg.
- 40mm Square Axle | 1000kg.
- 40mm Square Galvanised Axle | 1000kg.
- Round Axle 45mm | 1450kg.
- 45mm Round Galvanised Axle | 1450kg.
- Square Axle 45mm | 1450kg.
- 45mm Square Parallel | 1600kg.
- 45mm Galvanised Square Axle | 1450kg
- 50mm Round Axle | 2250kg
- 50mm Square | 2250kg.
- 50mm Galvanised Square Axle | 1450kg
- 60mm Round Axle | 3000kg.
- 60mm Galvanised Round Axle | 1450kg